- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- For the kurkure
- Bread slices – 10
- Britannia Cheese – 120gms
- Green chilly paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 5gms or 1 clove
- Coriander – 1/2 tbsp
- Olives – 4-5
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato – 1.5 tbsp or 35gm
- wheat vermicelli – 80gms
- All purpose flour – 4 tbsp
- Cornflour- 1 tbsp
- Water as per need
- Salt as per taste
- For the dipping sauce:-
- Water – 1 cup
- Ginger- 10gms
- Lemongrass- 1/2 tbsp or basil – 7-8 big leaves.
- Ketchup- 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- salt as per taste
- Corn flour – 1/2 tbsp
- 1. FOR THE KURKURE
- 2. Mix together cheese, garlic, coriander, olives, tomato, green chilly paste, garam masala and oregano. form a smooth mixture.
- 3. Divide this mix into 10 equal portions and shape into small logs.
- 4. Cut the crust of 10 slices of sandwich bread. Roll these slices thinly with the help of a rolling pin. use fresh bread and roll as thinly as possible. If you feel that the bread is too dry and is breaking off while rolling or staying too thick you can dampen it with some water but be sure to avoid making it over soggy.
- 5. Make a thick slurry of corn flour and all purpose flour.
- 6. Apply the slurry on all 4 sides of the bread. Place a cheese log in the centre and form a tight roll. Use the slurry to seal properly. Press and join the sides of the roll and cut any excess bread.
- 7. Crush the unroasted wheat vermicelli to break them into small strands.
- 8. Dip a bread roll into the slurry , remove any excess slurry and then dip into the vermicelli. Coat well. Repeat this step for all the other rolls.
- 9. Fry in hot oil till golden brown. Serve hot.
- 10. FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 11. In a saucepan add the water, ginger, lemongrass, sugar, chilly powder, salt, ketchup and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- 12. Make a paste of corn flour with water and add that to the sauce mix while stirring continuously. Let the sauce thicken completely and then cool it. You can sieve this sauce if you don’t want big pieces of ginger and lemongrass at this stage.
- 13. Add the chilly flakes and stir. Serve at room temperature or cold with the hot cheese kurkure.
1. After coating the rolls with vermicelli, you can freeze them for upto a month.
2. Fry them whenever needed, after thawing for 1-2 hours.
3. For the dipping sauce, you can use basil instead of lemongrass or use both together too.
Watch this recipe in hindi:
Leave a Reply