Chocolate Waffle In Sandwich Griller
My eggless waffle recipe on youtube has more than 30k views and is loved by so many of you. But the most common question I get asked is, can I make waffles without a waffle machine.
Watch the full recipe here –
This eggless chocolate waffle recipe is the answer to that question. YES! you can make waffles at home without the waffle machine but of course there is a slight difference in the texture of this chocolate waffle.
This chocolate waffle is crispier and lacks a soft cakey fluffy interior but the taste more than makes up for it. If you like crispy waffles then you must definitely try this eggless chocolate waffle recipe.
I have made these chocolate waffles in a sandwich griller. To get the perfect waffles you need a specific sandwich griller. Some sandwich grilling machines have deeper plates that don’t touch each other when the machine is closed. They have a hollow in between for the sandwich to be placed, this type of machine will not work as the waffle batter will not touch the top heating plate when the machine is closed.
You will need a sandwich toaster in which both the plates touch each other when the machine is closed. That way the waffle batter will be heated from the top and the bottom and you will get crispy waffles. To understand this better please watch the chocolate waffle recipe video. In the video I have shown which grilling machine is suitable to bake these chocolate waffles.
Other than that, this chocolate waffle recipe is very straight forward and quite easy to make with readily available ingredients.Print
Now you can make EGGLESS chocolate waffles at home WITHOUT a waffle machine with this super simple recipe !
All Purpose Flour – 1 ¼ cup or 150 gms
Cornflour – 3 Tbsp or 24 gms
Cocoa Powder – 3 Tbsp or 13 gms
Curd – ½ cup or 146 gms
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup + 2 tbsp or 85 gms
Butter – 2 Tbsp or 30 gms
Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Baking Powder – ¾ tsp
Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
Water – ¾ cup
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and cornflour together. Mix well.
- In the curd add sugar, melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Mix till sugar dissolves. Then add the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Now add the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Adjust the consistency of the batter with water.It shouldn’t be too stiff or too runny.
- Preheat the sandwich griller for 15mins.
- Then grease both the sides with some butter and place a small amount of batter. Close and cook.
- You will see steam releasing from the machine. The waffles will be done when steam will stop releasing from the machine. It takes about 10-12 mins for this. Now open and carefully with the help of tongs peel & flip the waffles.
- Cook them again for 5 more minutes. When flipping the waffles place them in such a way that a criss cross pattern is formed on them.
- Now let the waffles cool for 2 mins before serving. As they cool they will become crispier.
- Serve with any toppings of your choice like icecream or chocolate sauce.
Keywords: chocolate waffle recipe, chocolate waffle, chocolate waffle without waffle machine, eggless waffle recipe eggless waffle recipe, waffle in sandwich griller waffle in sandwich griller