- Curd- 120gms
- Milk powder-20gms
- All purpose flour- 90 gms
- Cornflour- 10gms
- Rice flour- 20gms
- Refined oil/ Melted butter- 2 tbsp/ 30ml
- Salt- 1/4tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 3/4tsp
- Soda bi carb- 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, mix curd ,sugar and milk powder till well dissolved.
- Add in the vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, soda bi carb, oil and whisk well.
- Add in the all purpose flour, corn flour and rice flour . Adjust consistency with a little water if desired.
- Pre heat the waffle iron and oil it well. Then pour in the batter and cook for 8-10 mins. Most waffle machines don’t have timing indicators so check for doneness after 8 minutes or so. when waffle will be cooked it will start releasing smell.
- Once it is cooked till desired colour, remove it carefully with the help of tongs. Cool it for 2-3 mins by lightly flipping from side to side. This step is important to crisp up the exterior of the waffle.
- Serve warm with accompaniment of choice – Nutella, fruits, icecream, whipped cream, maple syrup, caramel etc.
FOR CHOCOLATE WAFFLES:-
All purpose flour – 75 gms
Cocoa powder- 15gms
Corn flour- 5gms
All other ingredients remain the same.
This batter doesn’t keep well when refrigerated for more than 3-4 hours so make it fresh when you plan to make waffles.