Maggi masala is the one comfort food that every millennial Indian turns to ALL THE TIME ! whether it is as a midnight snack, after party meal or a slumber party meal. From dedicated maggi menus of roadside stalls to finding a place in college canteen and café menus ,maggi is available almost everywhere, in various avatars.
You can watch the full video recipe here –
Homemade Maggi – Healthy Maggi
Biryani , schezuan , Italian , egg , cheese and many other versions are popularly available these days but my favourite version is the classic masala maggi with some vegetables ! As much as I love the taste of maggi , I used to actually eat it very infrequently because of how unhealthy it is. But the tongue wants what it wants and that led to the development of this healthy recipe !
Yes, you read it right ! healthy maggi ! you can use any type of healthy noodles like whole wheat or rice noodles , instead of maida noodles. With this recipe you can also make your own tastemaker without aji no moto ! You wont believe how similar this recipe tastes to actual dish ! try it to believe it 😛
While this recipe doesn’t get done in two minutes only ( wink wink ), it is pretty easy to rustle up. I made this quite a few times during the corona virus lockdown when getting it in stores was difficult.
I have used Everest brand’s kitchen king masala with some other spices as the main flavouring agent. It is easily available in stores or you can buy the masala online from here. I feel that this masala tastes very similar to the maggi tastemaker. I haven’t tried any other brand as Im very happy with the taste of this one. If you cant find garlic powder you can use fresh garlic instead but the taste with the garlic powder is more authentic.
Im working on the recipe for home made tastemaker from scratch, hopefully I will be able to post it here soon !
To learn how to make Delicious EGGFREE Brownies, Home Baked Bread , and more from me, check out details of my online courses in the following the link :- Click HerePrint
Try this simple recipe whenever stores have run out of maggi or you want to make a healthier guilt free version of the famous dish we all so love !!
Noodles- 240 gms or 2 small packets
Butter – 2 Tbsp or 30gms
Water – 3.5 – 4 cups
Turmeric powder -1/4th tsp
Ginger powder -3/4 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
Black pepper – ¼ tsp
Everest kitchen king masala – 1 tsp ( USE THIS BRAND ONLY )
Sugar – ¾ tsp
Salt to taste
Aji no Moto / MSG – 1/4 tsp ( completely optional)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan , break the noodles roughly. Roast the noodles in the butter for 2-3 mins.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. The quantity I have mentioned is for maida noodles. Whole wheat noodles will require more water. Remember that all of this water has to be absorbed by the noodles , not drained off. So don’t add too much.
- Once the noodles are softened , add the powdered spices.
- Boil till the noodles are cooked completely. You can adjust the quantity of water if you want a slightly soupy consistency of the maggi.
- Add boiled diced carrots, French beans and peas or any other vegetables of your choice. Give them a good stir and cook for 1-2 mins more.
- You can also add grated cheese or cheese spread at this stage.