Try this simple recipe whenever stores have run out of maggi or you want to make a healthier guilt free version of the famous dish we all so love !!
Noodles- 240 gms or 2 small packets
Butter – 2 Tbsp or 30gms
Water – 3.5 – 4 cups
Turmeric powder -1/4th tsp
Ginger powder -3/4 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
Black pepper – ¼ tsp
Everest kitchen king masala – 1 tsp ( USE THIS BRAND ONLY )
Sugar – ¾ tsp
Salt to taste
Aji no Moto / MSG – 1/4 tsp ( completely optional)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan , break the noodles roughly. Roast the noodles in the butter for 2-3 mins.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. The quantity I have mentioned is for maida noodles. Whole wheat noodles will require more water. Remember that all of this water has to be absorbed by the noodles , not drained off. So don’t add too much.
- Once the noodles are softened , add the powdered spices.
- Boil till the noodles are cooked completely. You can adjust the quantity of water if you want a slightly soupy consistency of the maggi.
- Add boiled diced carrots, French beans and peas or any other vegetables of your choice. Give them a good stir and cook for 1-2 mins more.
- You can also add grated cheese or cheese spread at this stage.