how to make hide and seek biscuits at home
Hide and seek biscuit is one of those iconic biscuits that have left a mark on every 90s kid’s childhood. It was one of my favourite biscuits while growing up.
Watch the full recipe here –
My homemade hide and seek biscuits recipe is very easy, totally eggless and looks just like ready hide and seek biscuits. It tastes even better because it has absolutely no preservatives and its made with fresh & clean ingredients.
The recipe is inspired from my usual eggless sugar cookie recipe that I have used in this valentine’s heart cookies recipe. I have added cocoa powder in the dough to give it a chocolaty taste. To give my hide and seek biscuit the look of readymade biscuits I have used an icecream stick broken in half to press down and create indents.
But I added whole chocolate chips to the hide and seek biscuits dough because of which I was not able to roll the dough as thinly as I would’ve liked. You can chop the chips finely before adding to the dough to avoid this problem. You can use readymade chocolate chips available easily or just chop chocolate compound finely and add it to the dough. Don’t use couverture chocolate as they will remain melted at room temperature and make the hide and seek biscuits messy.
You can also try my Nice biscuits recipe if you like coconut flavour ! this recipe is also quite easy and 100% eggless. You can find its recipe here. If you want to avoid excess sugar and are looking for healthy snacking you can also try my multigrain digestive biscuits recipe.
To learn how to make Delicious EGGFREE Brownies, Home Baked Bread , and more from me, check out details of my online courses in the following the link :- Click HerePrint
Make chocolate hide and seek biscuits filled with lots of chocolate bits at home !
All purpose flour- 100 gms or ¾ cup
Powdered Sugar – 60 gms or 5 Tbsp
Milk powder – 20 gms or 2.5 Tbsp
Cocoa Powder – 10 gms or 1.5 Tbsp
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Butter – 60 gms
Vanilla Essence – 4-5 drops
Chocochips – 2 Tbsp
- Mix together all the dry ingredients. Sieve them once to remove any hard lumps of powdered sugar.
- Add the cold butter and vanilla essence to this.
- Rub the butter with the dry mix properly till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- With the help of cold milk , make a soft dough.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate bits to the dough and mix well.
- Transfer this dough on a cling film, flatten it and chill it so it firms up and becomes easier to roll.
- After 20 mins of chilling, dust a clean surface with some flour and roll the dough thinly. Try to roll it in a rectangle shape so that you can cut more biscuits at a time.
- Push a wooden icecream stick broken in half in width into the dough sheet to create indents just like the ready hide and seek biscuits. Create indents diagonally such that they remain diagonal in each biscuit.( watch video to understand it better)
- Now using a sharp knife cut the biscuits at an angle to the indents in a square shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 20 -23 mins. The cookies will be soft immediately out of the oven. But as they cool they will become crispier. If you feel that they are still soft just pop them back in the oven till they crisp up completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.