Make chocolate hide and seek biscuits filled with lots of chocolate bits at home !
All purpose flour- 100 gms or ¾ cup
Powdered Sugar – 60 gms or 5 Tbsp
Milk powder – 20 gms or 2.5 Tbsp
Cocoa Powder – 10 gms or 1.5 Tbsp
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Butter – 60 gms
Vanilla Essence – 4-5 drops
Chocochips – 2 Tbsp
- Mix together all the dry ingredients. Sieve them once to remove any hard lumps of powdered sugar.
- Add the cold butter and vanilla essence to this.
- Rub the butter with the dry mix properly till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- With the help of cold milk , make a soft dough.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate bits to the dough and mix well.
- Transfer this dough on a cling film, flatten it and chill it so it firms up and becomes easier to roll.
- After 20 mins of chilling, dust a clean surface with some flour and roll the dough thinly. Try to roll it in a rectangle shape so that you can cut more biscuits at a time.
- Push a wooden icecream stick broken in half in width into the dough sheet to create indents just like the ready hide and seek biscuits. Create indents diagonally such that they remain diagonal in each biscuit.( watch video to understand it better)
- Now using a sharp knife cut the biscuits at an angle to the indents in a square shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 20 -23 mins. The cookies will be soft immediately out of the oven. But as they cool they will become crispier. If you feel that they are still soft just pop them back in the oven till they crisp up completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.