Mexican Fried Rice – An Easy way to use Leftover Rice
Before you guys get all riled up, let me put a disclaimer here – there is no such thing called fried rice in Mexican cuisine. To be perfectly honest this is a Mexican inspired fried rice. All the elements in this recipe like beans, tomato, oregano and cumin are Mexican cuisine staples and bring a unique flavour to the dish.
It’s a perfect way to use up leftover boiled rice. If you are tired of eating different versions of chindian fried rice or Indian pulao you can give this Mexican fried rice a try! its easy, its tangy and its super quick to whip up !!
I’ve topped this rice with sourcream. You can also serve it with cheesy sauce. You will find the recipe here. Along with the recipe of homemade salsa and nacho chips.
Watch the detailed video here:
View this post on Instagram
You will probably not find this anywhere in mexico 😋…but this recipe is soo good, its a must try !! . . . . . #mexicanrice #mexicanfriedrice #veg #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #recipes #recipevideo #foodvideo #foodporn #dinnerideas #lunchrecipes #ricedish #mexicanfood #foodiesofinstagram #foodigers #foodie #foodig #chefhasti
Transform Leftover Rice into this delicious Mexican Fried Rice in no time!!
Butter – 1-2 Tbsp
Onions – ½ cup
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Tomatoes – 1 cup
Salt – To taste
Kashmiri chilly powder – 2 Tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Yellow, Red and Green Capsicum – ¼ cup each
Boiled corn – ¼ cup
Boiled Rajma / Kidney beans – ¼ cup
Cream cheese or Cheese spread (optional) – 2 – 3 Tbsp
Boiled Rice – 2 cups (After Boiling)
- In a wok type vessel, melt some butter. Add the onions and saute them till translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 min. Then add the tomatoes and saute till they soften slightly.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- Then add the bell peppers and boiled rajma beans.
- Add the cream cheese or cheese spread.
- Add the rice and mix everything well.
- Serve hot.
- I have topped my rice with some sour cream. you can also serve it with some cheese sauce.
Use left over old rice for best results.