Transform Leftover Rice into this delicious Mexican Fried Rice in no time!!
Butter – 1-2 Tbsp
Onions – ½ cup
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Tomatoes – 1 cup
Salt – To taste
Kashmiri chilly powder – 2 Tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Yellow, Red and Green Capsicum – ¼ cup each
Boiled corn – ¼ cup
Boiled Rajma / Kidney beans – ¼ cup
Cream cheese or Cheese spread (optional) – 2 – 3 Tbsp
Boiled Rice – 2 cups (After Boiling)
- In a wok type vessel, melt some butter. Add the onions and saute them till translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 min. Then add the tomatoes and saute till they soften slightly.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- Then add the bell peppers and boiled rajma beans.
- Add the cream cheese or cheese spread.
- Add the rice and mix everything well.
- Serve hot.
- I have topped my rice with some sour cream. you can also serve it with some cheese sauce.
Use left over old rice for best results.