I was introduced to this awesome potato chutney bomb recipe by my mother. This recipe has the ultimate combination of ABC – Aloo , Butter and Cheese. Use of ABC :p can transform any mundane dish to superlative. And the spicy coriander chutney just makes this dish too good !!
Potato Chutney Bombs
I have never seen my mother eat street food. Never ever ! but whenever she talked about a fried bread – less potato chutney toast that enjoyed in her college days, I used to be amused.
What exactly was this dish , that moved my usually simple food loving mother so much ? So, I decided to give this potato chutney bomb recipe a try, with my own added twist of course.
Instead of toasting it inside the handheld sandwich toastie device ( if you have had road side toast sandwich in Mumbai – you know what I mean ) I’ve cooked them in an appe/ paniyaram pan and filled them with cheese.
Trust me this bite sized potato chutney bomb recipe is definitely worth a try , and you wont regret making it but if you want to make something healthy – ish you can try my tandoori gobi tikka recipe !!
For the chutney filling
Boiled potato – 1 small – 35 gms
Thick coriander chutney – 3 Tbsp
Cheese – 50 gms ( you can use regular processed cheddar cheese or pizza cheese)
Chat masala – 1 tsp
For the potato covering
Boiled Potato – 250 gms or 5 small
Salt to taste
Flattened rice/ poha – 3 Tbsp , wash & soak in water for 10 mins
Melted Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Put all the ingredients for the filling in a glass bowl, mix well.
- Mash the boiled potato to break all lumps and form a smooth mixture.
- Wash the poha under running water. Drain all the water and then let it soak for 5 – 10 mins, till they soften.
- Mix the boiled potato, butter, salt and poha. Form a smooth dough.
- Divide the potato mix into equal lemon sized balls.
- Flatten one ball on your palm into a round disc.
- Scoop 1-2 tsp of the chutney mixture in the center of this disc.
- Join the edges and seal the potato ball , like you would for a kachori. ( see video)
- Heat an appe pan and grease it well with some butter or oil. Place the potato bombs in the slots and cook them on one side till lightly golden brown.
- Turn over the balls carefully, and cook lightly on the other side.
- In 4-6 mins, they will become brown evenly. Serve hot !!
You can watch the full video recipe here –
View this post on Instagram
I have never seen my mum eat street side food, never EVER, so whenever she talked about a fried breadless potato chutney toast from her college days, I used to be amused. . . What exactly was this dish that moved my usually simple food loving mom so much ? So I decided to give it a try. But instead of grilling it in a sandwich griller Ive cooked them in an appe/paniyaram pan, to give it a bite sized avatar. . . . Boy this snack is surely worth trying !! Potato-ey spicy goodness roasted in butter !! Its been a while since I shot this video and my mouth is watering now as I type this 😋😋😋. . . . . . #recipes #recipevideo #foodvideo #foodporn #foodvideos #igtv #igfood #potatoes #potato #cheesebomb #cheeseburst #streetfood #indianfood #indianstreetfood #indianstreetfood❤️ #mumbaifoodblogger #mumbaifoodies #indianfoodbloggers #indianyoutuber #chefhasti