For the chutney filling
Boiled potato – 1 small – 35 gms
Thick coriander chutney – 3 Tbsp
Cheese – 50 gms ( you can use regular processed cheddar cheese or pizza cheese)
Chat masala – 1 tsp
For the potato covering
Boiled Potato – 250 gms or 5 small
Salt to taste
Flattened rice/ poha – 3 Tbsp , wash & soak in water for 10 mins
Melted Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Put all the ingredients for the filling in a glass bowl, mix well.
- Mash the boiled potato to break all lumps and form a smooth mixture.
- Wash the poha under running water. Drain all the water and then let it soak for 5 – 10 mins, till they soften.
- Mix the boiled potato, butter, salt and poha. Form a smooth dough.
- Divide the potato mix into equal lemon sized balls.
- Flatten one ball on your palm into a round disc.
- Scoop 1-2 tsp of the chutney mixture in the center of this disc.
- Join the edges and seal the potato ball , like you would for a kachori. ( see video)
- Heat an appe pan and grease it well with some butter or oil. Place the potato bombs in the slots and cook them on one side till lightly golden brown.
- Turn over the balls carefully, and cook lightly on the other side.
- In 4-6 mins, they will become brown evenly. Serve hot !!