With this recipe , you can make soya chaap just like store bought or tinned chaap without kneading or using dough maker machine . We will be using the process of “Autolysing”.
FOR THE GLUTEN
All purpose flour 500 grams
Water 420 ml
FOR THE CHAAP
Soya bean flour – 8 tablespoon
All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
Water – 5-6 tablespoon
Salt to taste
FOR THE BROTH
Water 2–3 cups
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Salt 3 teaspoon
Vinegar 1 teaspoon
Flavouring agents like Maggi stock cube ,ajinomoto, vegetable stock ,etc
- Mix together the dough and water, till it comes together. No need to knead this dough. Slightly more water is required in this recipe than kneading method.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and Cover it properly with the help of a clingfilm. Stick the cling film to the surface of the dough so that the top layer of the dough doesnt become hard or dry.
- Leave this dough at room temperature for 1-2 hours. You will see that the dough will get smoother and well formed after 2 hours. Here water and dough are going through the process of autolysis. Then transfer it to the refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
- Because of autolysis , kneading is not required. Gluten is developed because of natural enzyme activity over a long period of time. So this method is easy and does not require a lot of effort.
- After 10-12 hours your dough is ready , with well developed gluten.
- Now wash this dough under running water to separate the gluten and starch.
- You can follow the same instructions as the kneading method recipe from this point forward.
Same as the previous recipe.
Keywords: Soya Chaap