You can easily make chaap by using vital wheat gluten that is readily available using this recipe. It is quick and simple.
Vital Wheat Gluten – 120 gms
Soya flour – 80 gms
All Purpose Flour – 30 gms
Water – 320 gms
Salt to taste
Use same ingredients for broth as previous recipes
- Mix all the ingredients in a dough maker / stand mixer machine. knead on medium for 12 – 15 mins. Till the dough becomes very elastic and stretchy.
- If you are kneading by hand you will require to knead for 20-25 mins. Initially it will be a little difficult to knead this dough, but continue kneading till it comes together. Use the stretch and fold method of kneading to develop elongated strands of gluten.
- Then cover and rest the dough for 45 mins – 1 hour.
- The gluten should be relaxed completely and the dough should become very loose and floppy.
- Divide this in balls of 45-50 gms and wrap around icecream sticks as shown in the video.
- Proceed to cook the chaap in the same way as the previous recipe.